6 Saving Tips When Hiring a
Moving Company in London
Moving to London can take a toll on your physical and emotional health. Besides the stress and fatigue, though, moving to London can also take its toll on your wallet. But all the difficulties you experience during your move will be rewarded by the many pleasantries and excitement that this exquisite area can give.
You can, however, make moving to London less stressful, both financially and otherwise. There are many things you can do to save money during and before the move. Consider the following tips that can help you start a new and thrilling life in one of the most exciting places in the world.
1. Plan your move during spring or autumn. London weather can be very unpredictable so it's advisable to check weather forecasts often. The best time to move to London is just after summer or right before the season, so you don't get caught in the heat wave. Moving during the rainy season or during the height of summer can cause delays in moving. This equates to more expenses. Spring and autumn are ideal seasons because of less rains and the cooler weather.
2. Don't take your whole house or office with you when moving. Save on freight or van costs by reducing the number of furniture, equipment and items you take with you. Plan ahead and pack only the items that you need. You can also hold a garage sale before you move so that you can get rid of stuff and earn extra money on the side.
3. Work around schedules and try to be flexible. Some moving companies might charge extra fees if you want to move during hours beyond their normal workday. Try to schedule your move during regular hours so that you don't get charged extra. You might even be able to get a discount if you're flexible with the schedule of the moving company.
4. Try to pack everything yourself. Some moving companies might also charge extra if they need to pack all your items or if they need to dismantle electrical appliances. Plan ahead and get neighbours or relatives to help you pack furniture, equipment and knick-knacks. Some of your friends might even be knowledgeable about electrical items. This way, you get to save on additional costs.
5. Read through contract details. Ask about the company's fees and make sure that you understand what these fees entail. Always compare quotations from different companies and look at their services and benefits before deciding on a moving company.
6. Research on tax-deductible items. Some moving expenses can be tax-deductible, so it's best to know about these items before moving. Check if you are eligible for certain tax-deductible expenses such as the costs of transportation, packing and shipping.
Moving to London can be expensive and stressful. One way to eliminate financial stress is to take into consideration several money-saving tips when moving. Just follow the details above to help you get started on a fresh, new life in London without having to worry about your budget.
Some of the areas we cover
- Moving Company SW19 Wimbledon
- Moving Company HA5 Pinner
- Moving Company N6 Highgate
- Moving Company E12 Manor Park
- Moving Company TW19 Staines
- Moving Company KT15 Addlestone
- Moving Company NW10 Willesden
- Moving Company N4 Finsbury Park
- Moving Company SM4 Morden
- Moving Company EC3 Tower Hill
- Moving Company NW2 Dollis Hill
- Moving Company TW14 Hatton
- Moving Company WD3 Harpenden
- Moving Company E6 Upton Park
- Moving Company E14 Docklands
- Moving Company WC2 Strand
- Moving Company IG8 Woodford Green
- Moving Company E10 Leyton
- Moving Company N4 Harringay
- Moving Company SE11 The Oval
- Moving Company KT22 Leatherhead
- Moving Company W5 Ealing Common West Ealing
- Moving Company SE13 Lewisham
- Moving Company EC1 Clerkenwell
- Moving Company E5 Clapton Park
- Moving Company E18 South Woodford
- Moving Company TN1 Tunbridge Wells
- Moving Company EC1 Shoreditch
- Moving Company SE4 Ladywell
- Moving Company SE13 Hither Green
- Moving Company N12 Friern Barnet
- Moving Company NW5 Kentish Town
- Moving Company IG6 Barkingside
- Moving Company SE14 New Cross
- Moving Company N9 Lower Edmonton
- Moving Company EC4 Blackfriars
- Moving Company HA9 Brent
- Moving Company SW4 Clapham Clapham Park
- Moving Company N13 Palmers Green
- Moving Company W2 Paddington Bayswater